The Elounda Mare hotel, the only Relais & Châteaux in Crete island, overlooks the Mirabello Bay on the north coast of Crete, an area of outstanding natural beauty. A hotel of timeless refined luxury it’s been a member of the Relais & Châteaux prestigious international hotel association since 1988.
Exuding a sort of sophistication and exclusivity found nowhere else, the Elounda mare hotel has an unparalleled reputation for its attentive and personalized service. With its award-winning restaurants, comprehensive leisure facilities and exquisite design, it is the ideal choice for the discerning traveler who seeks a relaxing holiday in a serene and intimate setting.
LOCATIONSnami Travel appreciates the location of Elounda Mare Relais & Châteaux t as it is built in the warm heart of Mirabello Bay, just 68 km away from Heraklion international airport, 7 km away from Aghios Nikolaos town, and 1.5 km away from Elounda village.
RESTAURANTS & BARS
- The Aglio-e-Olio restaurant's splendid International cuisine is served al fresco under the grey-green canopy of an ancient olive grove, next to the beach and seaside pool of the porto elounda Golf & Spa Resort. A favourite of families with children, the Aglio e Olio is busy every night and combines perfectly with the Beach Bar and Lounge for an aperitivo, digestivo, or after-dinner cigar from our collection of top Habanos.
- Nafsika-By the pool, with a terrace right over the waters, the Nafsika restaurant at porto elounda GOLF & SPA RESORT is the stage for every morning's buffet breakfast, from 07.00 to 10.30 and opens again for dinner with a large selection of dishes and a-la-minute cooking, themed around a Mediterranean array of specials that will surprise you time and time again. Not to mention, of course, that the views to the sea and the distant mountains of Crete are simply breathtaking.
- Named after the ingenious seafarer of Homer’s Odyssey, this seaside restaurant is a beautiful choice for enjoying a family lunch next to the fish swimming in the clear waters of our quaint little harbour! The menu selection honours traditional Greek favorites with a twist of elegance and character, while also catering perfectly for the needs of children.
- Koh-Sushi restaurant on the waterfront: a truly magnificent setting, right on top of the lapping waves, with mesmerizing views of the rising moon, the Koh Sushi restaurant is a one-of-a-kind experience. Immensely popular every night, with superb lounge music and a bar literally on the rocks, this is a special place that will linger in every visitor's memory for years.
- Calypso-American-style a-la-carte breakfast is enjoyed with the most spectacular views of the bay, at the Calypso Restaurant, next to a turquoise pool that seems to overflow into the sea.
- The Yacht Club Restaurant at the elounda mare hotel, perched on a dramatic edge and overlooking the beach below, serves dinner in the summer months with a varied Greek full-flavoured menu composed mainly of local seafood and products of the earth, prepared in traditional ways. A la carte lunch is served here during the entire season.The "Fish Night" takes place at the Yacht Club once a week, with a rich seafood buffet and the daily catch served as fresh as it gets.
- Set around an ancient millstone, the Old Mill is a fine-dining restaurant in a blooming garden over the waters, with an astounding menu and wine list which has devoted fans returning over and over again for the past 30 years. The innovative Cretan Fusion cuisine at the Old Mill has a timeless character which has always appealed to the most demanding palate and has received multiple "Toque d'Or" awards as one of the finest restaurants in Greece. Certain nights will be "Toddler free Gourmet Evenings".
- The Deck restaurant at the elounda mare hotel is a perfect setting for al fresco dining with its magnificent sea views and immaculate service. A sumptuous buffet and a la carte breakfast is served here, from 07.00 to 10.30 every morning during the entire season.
- The Kelari wine cellar at the elounda peninsula ALL SUITE HOTEL hosts an impressive collection of wines from all regions of Greece, as well as an expansive collection of Old World and New World vintages, and is available for private dining of up to eight guests.
- The Kirki Bar, taking its name from the mythical sorceress in Homer's Odyssey, is a meeting place throughout the day and night with an extensive outdoor terrace and astonishing sea views. With its soaring ceilings and panoramic vistas, the Kirki Bar's lounges are bustling with life every evening.
- Beach-Bar Lounge-Next to the beach and the seaside pool of the porto elounda GOLF & SPA RESORT is the vibrant round bar where everyone meets during the day for relaxed refreshments under the impressive wooden canopy. Cocktails and snacks are served all day, to be enjoyed with the sounds of an excellent musical selection. At night, the beautiful lounge bar beside it offers a calm and relaxed view whilst sipping your drink or enjoying a cigar from our collection of top Habanos.
- With panoramic sea views of the Mirabello Bay on all sides, the Peninsula Lounge resembles the bridge of a luxurious yacht sailing the high seas in perfect old-world style. Its verandas are the place everyone chooses for a photograph to remember this special place in the world.
- The Karavia Bar invites you to enjoy an aperitif, while taking in the stunning views of the Aegean Sea. Complemented by several cozy lounges furnished with folk art, antiques and ancient artefacts, the Karavia bar is the heart of the hotel’s evening life.
Six Senses Spa offers a layered approach that unites a pioneering spirit with treatments, packages, retreats, and medical approaches that go beyond the ordinary.
At Six Senses you will find an intuitive mix of science and human awareness, where our high-tech and high-touch approach defines a service that is crafted around the individual.
Snami Travel – Crete – Greece
Quintessentially Travel Concierge | Luxury Lifestyle Management | Luxury Hotels & Villa Rentals | Tailor-Made Experiences | Yacht & Private Aviation Charter | Selective Real Estate
Call us on (+30) 698 70 97 639 or tell us what you're looking for here.
Snami Travel is a fully licensed DMC, incorporated under the laws of the Hellenic Republic & having its offices at Analipsi of Hersonissos, Crete, Greece. Company Registration No 1039E60000111001 & VAT EL800554594.
Copyright © 2021 | All rights reserved
Why We like It
Relais & Châteaux
Beachfront Resort Hotels
Number of Rooms
Main Hotel Sea View Room and Suites-Two rooms
area: approx. 30 m² of indoor space
sitting: sitting area
bathrooms: most bathrooms have separate walk-in shower
Main Hotel Sea View Room and Suites- One-bedroom Suites
area: approx. 42 m² of indoor space sitting: separate living room with dividing door bathrooms: bathrooms have separate walk-in shower
Main Hotel Sea View Room and Suites- One-bedroom Superior Suites
area: approx. 50-70 m² of indoor space sitting: separate living room with dividing door bathrooms: separate walk-in shower