Why We like It
Ideal for Cruise Travelers
WHAT MAKES THIS EXPERIENCE SPECIAL
Escape to the Western Crete - an idyllic destination on the island that effortlessly captures the spirit of authentic Philoxenia (“Hospitality”). With a chauffeured premium vehicle at your full-day disposal, you will explore the Venetian city of Rethymno, the charming lake of Kournas, and the romantic town of Chania by enjoying maximum comfort and privacy. Your private local insider guide will enrich the day with a visit to the village of Argyroupolis (Ancient Lappa city), where you will experience an authentic lunch in a cozy place surrounded by mountainous waterfalls, the smell of tasty grilled lamb on the spit (Cretan Antikristo) and friendly locals. Last but not least, you will have the chance for unique home-made wine tasting by Kournas Lake. This private tour will excite your senses!
- Hotel, villa or cruise personal pick up & drop-off with a premium vehicle at your full-day disposal
- Western Crete's nature exploration with a local insider guide
- Guided tour in the city of Rethymno with the finest local product & wine-tasting
- Unique photo stop at Agryroupolis village (ruins of Lappa ancient city)
- Authentic Cretan breakfast in a picturesque traditional village
- Connect with the meaning of Cretan "philoxenia" (hospitality)
- Bathing & traditional lunch with a Cretan wine tasting by the lake of Kournas
- Explore Chania's Venetian street markets with local product tasting
Enjoy a personal hotel, villa, or cruise pick-up with a premium vehicle at full-day disposal, at any defined time of the day. Your private tour will start with a journey to the West Crete by following itineraries off the beaten path.
The first stop will be at the Venetian city of Rethymno to follow a scenic city trail through Rethymno's streets. Your local insider guide will make you familiar with the history of Rethymno by guiding you along the narrow streets, where you will see the medieval port, temples, and city highlights.
Then you will visit the authentic village of Agryroupolis which is built on the ruins of the ancient city of Lappa. There you can enjoy a cup of coffee under the shade of the ancient plane trees surrounded by lush green, many refreshing springs, and mountainous small waterfalls. Not to mention that you will get acquainted with friendly locals by deeply connecting with the meaning of Cretan “philoxenia” (hospitality).
The next stop will be at the lake of Kournas, where you will have time to experience amazing nature and bathe in the freshwaters. Furthermore, your private expert guide will provide you with the best recommendations for a delicious Cretan lunch with a unique home-made wine tasting by the lake.
Also, you will visit the city of Chania where you will get familiar with the city and its history as well as the local lifestyle. Last but not least, your private guide will take you through the old street markets of the 17th & 19th century where you will have the opportunity for the finest local product tastings!
- 8 hours duration
- Personal pick-up and drop-off with a flexible start time
- Chauffeured premium vehicle on disposal
- Private local insider guide
- VIP skip-the-line accesses
- Mineral water, fresh fruits, and nuts of Crete island
- Child seats (if requested)
- Wi-Fi, USB sockets & hygiene vehicle amenities
Make this itinerary yours
Like what you see? Contact us today to find out more about our exclusive itineraries on Crete island. But remember: each and every Snami Travel trip is tailored entirely for you. So let's get in touch.
Call us on +30 698 70 97 639 or tell us what you're looking for here.
We'll make it happen.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Tailor-made private tour to West Crete with exclusive highlights of the region for the travellers who appreciate comfort and privacy.
Do not forget to bring along
Comfortable shoes and money for personal expenses.
- Rethymno - Argiroupolis - Kournas Lake - Chania
|Tailor-made||Modern||1 - 9||480€|
|Tailor-made||VIP||1 - 9||550€|